Mismatched Chairs



Last week when I was at my booth at Winchester Antiques, I turned around and saw the sweetest little chair (3rd from left.) I knew I had to have it even though I didn't know what I would do with it... I had my heart set on some industrial chairs with my recently repainted table in my kitchen nook.  I currently had a set of 4 white Navy chair knockoffs that we bought before we were married.  I always try to buy vintage when I can, but I was super tempted by 4 matching Tolix with my lion paw table.  After I got that sweet black and white beauty in, I saw how wonderful it looked at the table.

Rewind several months ago.... I found a little curved back chair (far right) and it was so lonely.  I bought it to sell at the store and painted it a weathered grey.  I kept telling the Mr that I would get over the industrial chairs if I could find a set of 4 just like this one. 

So, as of last Thursday, I had 2 curved back chairs with spindles in my possession.  Cue a text to my friend and shop keeper  Carol.  She had a green curved back chair (far left) that was similar... different spindles from the grey.  I liked it.  I took it home.  Then, we decided to go on a little hunting trip on Saturday.  My goals: yellow flower pot (check, McCoy) and a curved back chair, preferably in white, definitely not red!  And, as you can see (2nd from right) I came home with my prize in au natural!  So, after being quarantined for the past couple of days, I have been pinning some tables all with misfit chairs.  





 After much discussion that went sort of like this:
me: I am kind of liking the really mismatched look of the chairs... especially the wooden one.  Do you want to leave them as is?
the MR: no. I don't like it with everything else that is going on here.
me: all shades of white?
the MR: sure.  whatever.

He had more input later, but it is pretty decided that they will be white, but different.  I wish they were all *found* whites, but since they aren't, I do want them to look more collected and that different hands painted them. So, to get that look, I will probably use different kinds and colors of white paints.  That black and white one won't be touched though.  I love how in the last photo, they all have a similar shapes and spindles and different whites.  I am honestly surprised it has taken me so long to collect a bunch of random chairs... I always loved Monica's table *wink*

Back soon with the chairs' makeovers~

bye for now~



7 comments:

  1. Love the look..."collected style"...my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look! I have 6 mismatched chairs like the last photo. I have 4 painted in 2 different color whites, and 2 left to paint when the weather gets warm. I'd leave your black & white chair as is, too. It's too darn cute to cover up with new paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i adore mismatched chairs around a kitchen table...sigh. :) but, alas, all of the chairs around our table do, in fact, match. my mister doesn't see the point of getting rid of our "perfectly fine" matching set, only to acquiring a set of mismatched ones. maybe your mister could talk to my mister so he would see it my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought that many different chairs could look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ALL your chairs!
    I'm a huge chair ho myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every pic you pinned and your chairs will look just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. I do try my best to answer every question through email. Please leave your address if it isn't connected to your account.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...