I have made these burlap shades before, but I tweaked the design ever so slightly and I love the look even more... especially when it is on a scallop-y curve-y frame. This one was made from a coffee sack instead of just burlap yardage.
I love the glowy texture that it has when it is a lit up! Then, I started playing around with scraps and came up with a new design.
This is more of a shade slipcover where the burlap one is hand sewn to the frame. I make tweak this one still. I love exposed seams and contrasting threads... it makes it look a little more deconstructed and not so sweet.
It looks pretty lit up too (if I do say so myself!) I think I am going to use these shades on some lamps that Mr. Hughes and I are going to make..... just waiting on some lamp parts.
And, while I had out the sewing machine, I played around with some more scraps and made some new flower pins. I raided my vintage button stash to give this batch a really different look than the other ones I have created.
This one is a sneak peak at some of the fabric I used for a Hazel project. I think I will call this one a Railroad bloom... since I have trains on the brain right now. The new blooms will be in my etsy shop soon and also in the booths as well. Mr. Hughes is delivering some along with a piece of furniture to The Roost today. Okay, back to the Island of Sodor... we have a massive setup in the living room right now.... like I moved the furniture massive. I will be back soon to show you what happens when I react to a wild hair at 6:15 am.
bye for now!